Paris 08 Report

On 10:32 PM
Here are my favourites from each day of the Paris fashion Week.
Sadly nothing really intrigued me from day 1, so I'm not posting any pieces.

Day 2 : Dior



Courtesy of Elleuk.com Designer : Dior

My personal favourites from the dior collection would be these 2 pieces. It was pretty tough trying to pick the best 2 out of the whole collection because I adored their white jackets, however these would be my favourite 2 outfits.
I love the neckline of the black dress, I generally have a fetish for dresses with those necklines. The belt sat so well with the outfit, and somehow gives off a really nice modern vintage look to it. I didn't like tulip dresses when they first came out, but it has grown on me. I'm just sad the hat had white patches on it, I guessed they wanted a contrast, but I would have preferred if she just wore a plain black hat. As for the purple trench, I felt the cutting of it was really fabulous, colour wise, I wouldn't put it on as I don't have the skin tone for it.

Day 3 : Balenciaga


Courtesy Of Elleuk Designer : Balenciaga

Balenciaga BLEW ME AWAY! This autumn/winter collection was just so beautiful. The black and white turtle neck top showed such a nice contrast, it brought out the skin tone of the model and the silverish grey pants was not too loud and hence did not take the attention away from the beautiful top. The second outfit speaks for itself.

Day 4 : Karl Lagerfeld


Courtesy Of Elleuk Designer : Karl Lagerfeld

Another breathtaking collection by Karl Langerfeld. Stunning, wearable, realistic pieces. These are my top 2 out of the whole collection. I love the minmal drape of the first dress, just the right texture and fabric,with a nice flow and cut, a minimal contrast of the black dress and the short cap sleeves. A minimal piece that brought out maximum response and looks. Just goes to show the goodness of simplicity. What I adore about the second piece is the cuff and the pencil cutting of the dress, such a nice outfit as a whole.

Day 5 : Valentino
Courtesy Of Elleuk Designer : Valentino

I'm going to keep this one short and simple. Just the right touch of class and chic-ness. Leaving these two outfits very versatile. It'd be right for work, parties, clubbing and any formal occassions or if you just feel like dressing up for the night.

Day 6 : Sonia Rykiel


Courtesy Of Elleuk Designer : Sonia Rykiel

Now for something more vibrant from Sonia Rykiel. I really really like her collection.
Alright, I'm a little bias because I'm 18, and these pieces really appeal to me. I REALLY like the second outfit, I feel like getting something similar already! The first piece is a little too loud for me, but I still love it anyway.

Day 7 : Hermes


Courtesy Of Elleuk
Designer: Hermes

Fur coats aren't really my thing, but I love how the first outfit looks as a whole with the knee high boots. There's something that draws me to the second outfit although its pretty dull, I don't exactly know what.

Day 8 : Lavin


Courtesy Of Elleuk
Designer : Lavin

Thank goodness for Lavin, the designs were gorgeous! Once again, I love the neckline of the first dress, not so much the gloves, and I like how the dress looks really structured. I fell in love with the one shoulder toga when I laid my eyes upon it, I know that sounded dramatic, but hey it's a really pretty piece.

6 Responses to 'Paris 08 Report'

  1. Romany said...
    http://fashion-unplug.blogspot.com/2008/03/paris-08-report.html?showComment=1205544060000#c8942765292004123720'> March 15, 2008 at 10:21 AM

    I loved all these shows too (Christian Dior is my eternal favourite - I would marry John Galliano if I could, lol).
    I probably would have picked different favourites from Lanvin, though, cos I just loved the bling aspect! I believe, if I were an animal I would be a magpie - I'm obsessed with shiny things lol!
    I really like your blog, I've decided, would you like to exchange links?
    Romany
    xx

     

  2. http://fashion-unplug.blogspot.com/2008/03/paris-08-report.html?showComment=1205549220000#c135384738120492890'> March 15, 2008 at 11:47 AM

    hey
    i love the way you oraganized everything
    balenciaga was a stunning collection, that is for sure!

     

  3. Ella Gregory said...
    http://fashion-unplug.blogspot.com/2008/03/paris-08-report.html?showComment=1205573760000#c6085899675228481257'> March 15, 2008 at 6:36 PM

    I love Lanvin
    I think it is one of the best lables in the world

     

  4. A.N said...
    http://fashion-unplug.blogspot.com/2008/03/paris-08-report.html?showComment=1205593200000#c4648937565606629418'> March 16, 2008 at 12:00 AM

    Romany: Thanks! I'll put ur link up asap. I'm into shiny things as well! but just not overly shiny, if you get what I mean.

    Jen: Thanks! Balenciaga had WOW pieces, but the PVC looking shiny outfits just let me down a lil.

    Coco: Lavin was prolly the best out of all. Agreed on the best labels *nods*

     

  5. Romany said...
    http://fashion-unplug.blogspot.com/2008/03/paris-08-report.html?showComment=1205621280000#c1486392614153710769'> March 16, 2008 at 7:48 AM

    Yay for link exchange! I just added yours. :)
    Romany
    xx

     

  6. Hildur said...
    http://fashion-unplug.blogspot.com/2008/03/paris-08-report.html?showComment=1205625780000#c74893949013732929'> March 16, 2008 at 9:03 AM

    Balenciaga's collection was just plain beautiful from beginning to end. Valentino was also surprisingly good. I've not been the biggest fan, but this collection actually catched my eye. And then I really liked Lanvin - the collection was sexy and fierce and feminine - just wonderful.

     

Popular Posts

Followers